As a qualified and practicing dietitian, I can assist you in your journey to wellness. The journey of reaching your ideal weight or treatment of more serious disorders. My practice is your safe haven, I will make it my mission to assist you in reaching personal goals.
A typical personal consultation will entail the following:
- 60 minute consultation.
- Nutritional assessment (diet history).
- Anthropometric assessment (height, weight and waist circumference).
- Biochemical assessment.
- DNA Testing. (Optional)
- Education and recommendations.
- 30 minute implementation of eating plan
- 30 minute follow up consultations.
- Continuous education.
I offer dietetic approaches to assist in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Anorexia nervosa.
- Attention deficit (Hyperactivity) disorder (AD(H)D).
- Bulimia nervosa.
- Binge eating disorder.
- Coronary heart disease.
- Crohn’s disease.
- Diverticular disease.
- Eating disorders.
- Food allergies.
- Food intolerances.
- Glucose intolerance.
- Hiatus hernia.
- High blood pressure.
- Hyperclycaemia – increased blood sugar.
- Hyperinsulinaemia – high insulin levels.
- Insulin resistance.
- Irritated bowel syndrome (spastic colon).
- Metabolic syndrome (Syndrome X).
- Nutrient deficiencies.
- Poly cystic ovarian syndrome.
- Sports nutrition.
- Ulcerative Colitis.
- Weight management.
Our genetic differences mean that we need different kinds of nourishment for optimum health. DNAlysis is one of the most well-known, respected and innovative genetic testing laboratories in South Africa. I use DNAlysis for actionable and accurate genetic information to improve and maintain health and wellness.
You can choose from six options:
- DNA Diet – Incorporate the science of genetics into your weight loss strategy. DNA Diet was designed to optimise weight loss and weight management based on genetic differences in metabolism, fat loss and dietary fat absorption.
Weight management and healthy eating are integral to long-term health and can prevent poor health and various chronic diseases. There is no one diet or way of eating that is correct for everyone, but DNA Diet will identify the best choices for you.
DNA Diet tests several gene variations that impact metabolism, absorption and storage of fats and carbohydrates, as well as eating behaviour to understand how your genetic profile will impact your response to our most effective healthy eating plans.
- DNA Health – DNA Health analyses genes involved in the metabolic processes that form the foundation of chronic disease. Use gene-based personalised nutrition to optimise energy, make the right dietary and lifestyle choices, and target your supplementation to offset particular health risks.
DNA Health is designed to identify any potential lifestyle diseases and to optimise your well-being and health by personalising your lifestyle and diet choices. We test for 36 gene variants to identify any precursors to lifestyle diseases such as:
Cholesterol metabolism and risk for heart disease | Bone Health & risk for osteoporosis | Methylation and B Vitamin requirements | Detoxification, inflammation and oxidative stress | Insulin Sensitivity and risk for diabetes | Food Responsiveness; lactose intolerance, caffeine processing, salt sensitivity, and blood pressure and iron overload disorders
- DNA Sport – Achieve athletic success with an understanding of your genetic performance potential; are you a power or endurance athlete; do you get sufficient recovery time between exercise sessions?
The effectiveness of training and sporting performance is affected by key biological areas, and with DNA Sport, we can help personalise a training strategy that optimises your genetic potential, and identify the right lifestyle, nutrition and environmental interactions to optimally express your genetic potential.
Ultimately, DNA Sport can determine the best way to maximise sporting potential, prevent injury and optimise recovery to reach peak levels of conditioning.
- DNA Skin – The DNA Skin test can help you mitigate destructive exposure to UV rays by testing 19 gene variations in the following areas: firmness and elasticity | sun sensitivity and damage, pigmentation, protection and repair | antioxidant status and inflammation.
We recommend personalised lifestyle, nutrition, nutraceutical and cosmeceutical choices for improved skin care and to decrease the visible signs of ageing.
- DNA Oestrogen – Oestrogen affects the function of a number of target issues. Guiding the personalisation of diet, hormone and nutraceutical recommendations to improve oestrogen metabolism is of benefit to men and women who suffer from numerous oestrogen-dominant conditions.
The majority of breast cancer occurs in women with no family history of it, but oestrogen gene testing can assist in identifying at-risk individuals and thereby lessen the risk of undetected cancers. Research shows that an increased lifetime exposure to oestrogen is a strong risk factor in the development of breast cancer.
The DNA Oestrogen test guides the personalisation of diet, hormone and nutritional supplement recommendations to improve oestrogen metabolism.
- DNA Mind – We analyse 30 genes which have been shown to have significant associations with key mental health disorders. Taking this test may help you understand how to avoid the onset of a range of neurological disorders in the following areas: neurodegenerative disorders | addictive behaviour | adrenaline-seeking | mood regulation